back to article Major Salesforce discounts. If you renew early ... and big

Salesforce is offering substantial discounts to customers who sign up early and commit to its full business suite plus services. The cloud provider is understood to be going 25 per cent over its standard volume discount in cases where customers qualified for a maximum 50 per cent off. The catch is that customers must sign up …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

And lightly we skip over a bit of a problem.

Salesforce.com is a (very) US business, so I'm not surprised they casually skip over that rather pesky EU privacy problem, let's call it force of habit.

As far as I can tell, if a European business stores customer data there it will have to seek their explicit consent first as Safe Harbour no longer exists (yes, yes, I know all the excuses that it's still OK - start paying attention to the motives of people telling you that and you'll see what that advise is really worth).

I guess the Salesforce hope is that you're enticed enough by the discounts that you overlook that little niggle. After all, it's not their problem that you will end up in trouble with both regulator and customers.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Salesforce

This is standard salesforce tactics. Been using Salesforce for 4 years and seen 1 2yr renewal and getting ready for another one in a few months. We have be flat out openly told that we will be seeing a *7%* increase this time no matter what. The increase has always been available to their reps, but never enforced until recently. Also, we've always got 50% off the sticker price, but we are buying in 25-50 license blocks... The dirty secret that they don't want you to know is that the ISVs can get you *60%* off almost everything (including storage space!) and have little to no markup on them.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like