back to article Another win for SanDisk as CloudByte sinks teeth into InfiniFlash

SanDisk has won another InfiniFlash OEM, in the shape of enterprise and cloud storage provider CloudByte. CloudByte's ElastiStor software has networking and enterprise storage facilities and uses the InfiniFlash IF100 all-flash enclosure, with its MLC flash, as a high-performance/high-capacity storage resource. CloudByte …

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Please. I used to work on this team. This product is struggling. All of my accounts have looked at it, and NONE of them are pulling the trigger. SanDisk is not a storage company. They lack storage IP. They lack storage people. They lack storage margins. They are more likely to EOL this product sooner versus selling any of it. It has been a disaster so far. Anyone in the storage business understands the costs incurred in supporting enterprise data center customers. SanDisk has priced this array ignoring a true understanding of what kind of margins it takes to run a real storage business. They are desperate for customers. After much customer feedback, (i.e. "you don't have storage IP") they are trying to get IP from companies like IBM. First of all, IBM spectrum was built for commodity HW and is a server side technology. It has nothing to do with a purpose-built flash array, nor should it. Good luck to the idiots at SanDisk and IBM in making this venture work. It has little chance of making any sense to any customer, quite frankly.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Customer feedback "You don't have storage IP"? How does IP matter to customer? I care about cost, reliability and support from dealer and manufacture. IP is irrelevant. We bought 3PAR SAN recently and we never asked about HPE's IP on 3PAR.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon