back to article Brocade wrings profits from a steady-as-she-goes business

Brocade has jogged along nice and evenly for four years now, at around $2.25bn annual revenues with steadily rising profits, and its fiscal 2015 added a similar fifth year of pretty decent results. It saw $2.26bn in revenues and a $340m profit, while in full year 2014 it saw $2.21bn in revenues and a $238m profit, indicating …

1. M. B.

Slow and steady...

...seems to be Brocade's strategy. I've been working with their non-FC gear for a year and a half, some of the stuff I inherited was a bit flaky on earlier code revisions but the ICX and VDX lines are both quite stable now. I typically lead with Cisco since our bench is stronger there (not a ton of difference though), and I do find more and more Brocade PoCs going on inside customer environments. I've seen a lot of BNA licenses go out at close to 0 dollars as well.

Also seeing a bit of uptake with their NFV stuff, some vADX here and some vRouter there. Nothing crazy but I think its easily digestible for customers looking to add to their existing environments.

They need a acquisition or something to get a bit more buzz going.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon