back to article KCOM: We're selling our national network assets...

Tech-integrator-cum-comms-provider KCOM Group has slapped a for sale sign on its national network infrastructure (except in Hull and East Yorkhire) as management continues to reshape the organisation. KCOM has, like the rest of the tech world, placed its bets on the cloud, and is making less money from the traditional carrier …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ah 'Smart421'....

The outfit that sent newly empoyed grads on a 5-day training course in wk 1 then sent them out a cannon fodder to unsuspecting clients as product experts in wk 2.

I was on the same course but using it as a product upgrade refresher.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A couple of points.

First, it's not entirely surprising that a fixed asset is valued at a lower value than what was paid for it. I'm pretty sure that depreciation of fixed assets is a common practice, and something that both analysts and journalists should be aware of. I'd also assume that not depreciating assets would incur the wrath of various regulatory bodies. If the asset is sold at below the depreciated value, then there is something to comment on.

As for the assertions made by various analysts, well, are they really worth the effort to report? Aren't analysts the kind of people who are completely unable to do any real work, incapable of creating anything useful? They sit, pontificating on the future of the world, and, should they be proved to be hopelessly wrong about every guess they've ever made, it's the fault of the company involved, for failing to live up to their expectations. I'd place more value in the predications of Gypsy Rose Lee and her tea-leaves than any self-appointed "analyst". I'd have very little faith in a report by an analyst who thinks that Kcom are "Kingston & Hull-headquartered" according to the techmarketreview website.

3. Andy Davies

I've been with Eclipse for donkeys' years - since before they were taken over by the Hull telephone company. I did make an 'international' call from KoH to B'ham once - just to say I'd used a non-red phone box.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like