back to article HPE: If we don't give Deutsche Bank right contracted outcome, we'll lose money

Hewlett Packard Enterprise has a risk and reward element hard wired into the 10-year cloudy infrastructure deal with Deutsche Bank and will lose money if things don’t go as planned, an exec has confirmed. This is HPE putting its money where its mouth is in the multi-billion dollar deal it penned with the German financial …

1. lafnlab

Adoption by others

I'd love to be able to bill companies for the time wasted navigating their phone trees or waiting on hold for their help desk.

2. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge

Pastel box draughtsmen apocalypse

6k external consultants

Somebody is going to go around looking for the Nutella then.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Other elements of the outcome

We probably can’t go into all the details here but ...

So, it's a PR piece then, and the details can't contain things like NDA + angry lawyers who will royally f**k up anyone disclosing their outages.

They expect to profit from the PR, not from the actual service delivery.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Look for HPE to rise again

Nice move.

1. Now imagine HPE putting Cloud Foundry-first strategy on top of it.

2. Next they rapidly expose its APIs like 40+ Haven APIs https://dev.havenondemand.com/apis

Hint, hint (plus real source code for you to play with) - a few months ago we've built a prototype of a Service Broker for Cloud Foundry for HP Haven - https://github.com/Altoros/idol-service-broker

3. Next they add APIs from 100s of ISVs, its existing partners via similar Service Brokers to the services marketplace.

Now we will see HPE start showing its real cloud-native teeth in no-time!

I like this so much, I will stir a conversation about this at Cloud Foundry Beat 2015 on December 17 at HP headquarters http://cfbeat.com.

5. Philip Storry

A more accurate headline...

"HPE - Deutsche Bank still haven't understood the contract they've signed, we're going to shaft them".

Because that's almost certainly what's actually happening here...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: A more accurate headline...

Because that's almost certainly what's actually happening here...

Well that's what HPE want to happen (my employers are being reamed out for HPE's crummy services at the moment).

But there's a tiny ray of hope, that the financial services sector are masters at the contractual stitchup. And much as I loathe the thieving charlatans of the City, I do hope they stuff HPE this time round. Either way, with these two counterparties, so long as somebody loses out the rest of us can enjoy it.

6. ntevanza

Run away.

You heard it here first.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like