back to article Microsoft training sites borked, leaving users unable to confirm exams

Folk attempting to confirm and reschedule exam appointments on the Microsoft Training and Certification site have been left with an error message when attempting to log on. The problem appears to have started earlier this week, with one reader getting in touch to tell us he has been greeted with the message: “We are sorry, the …

1. petur
    Mushroom

It's part of the training

get used to it.... ;)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

But are those quals actually worth something?

Most MCSE's etc that I've come across are about as useful as ... well you insert the words.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: But are those quals actually worth something?

I see MS qualifications as more of a way to get past the agency / HR gatekeepers than any actual proof of knowledge.

Any competent technical person who then does actual interview should be able to spot a paper MCSE a mile off.

1. Pompous Git Silver badge

Re: But are those quals actually worth something?

I see MS qualifications as more of a way to get past the agency / HR gatekeepers than any actual proof of knowledge.

That's certainly true, but you are far less likely to be interviewed if you don't have the required "qualification". My estimate of what my MS Cert was worth to me was about an extra $AU10,000 a year. A significant amount of moolah in Tasmania 20 years ago.

3. WibbleMe

Should have gone for a Linux / Open-Source platform

4. BongoJoe
    Gimp

I can help

For those who need help with an exam, let me start off with a few MS Certifiable questions for you here:

1. Windows 10 is the best operating system to date because:

a. It has a Start button

b. It doesn't have a Start button

c. We say so

d. It breaks all compatability with large Visual Studio 6 compiled applications

2. Windows as a Service is good because:

a. It means that your machine will always be updated and always working.

b. We can then start to charge for it.

c. Your sysadmin can't stop our Search implementation being loaded

d. Any bugs are instantly fixed by our quality control department

I am sure that you can come up with others.

5. Monopolies-Suck

Drop the training stuff Microsoft - it;'s not core

MS should drop it's training arm and let it's loyal Learning Solutions partners do their own thing. For years, MSL has put out stuff that later gets dropped - and frankly for all too many of the past 20 years, the quality was poor. The Windows 2003/8 stuff was dreadful, by and large. Get rid of certs that any fool can brain dump, get rid of certs that reality no longer are all that helpful.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like