back to article Cisco decides that to save the cloud, it must hunt it with prejudice

Cisco has launched a software-as-a-service-based attack on shadow IT. To understand it, indulge me by learning that one of the first big launches your correspondent covered was that of Computer Associates Unicenter TNG Framework, a slimmed-down version of the enterprise management tool that – if memory serves – included a …

1. K

Its rather pointless...

Hosted Services are a fact of life, always have been. Whilst we block a lot of them on our Firewalls, my CEO alone suggests a dozen new services each month, so trying monitor and control every service it pointless unless this adopted as best practise through the company.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What happens if departments create their own cloud accounts with independent login credentials? Presumably it's necessary to trace these back via billing records?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not going to work

Trying to keep the rain from hitting the ground.

1. Trevor_Pott Gold badge

Re: Not going to work

I capture at least some of the rain and then use it for watering indoor plants. Eventually that water is either converted into more plants or evaporates. I'm sure it hits the ground at some point, but I get to control and use it before it does.

Seems to me a similar approach towards public cloud computing is not a bad plan.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Linux

The Borg's bag?

Isn't this a case of misappropriating the term?

http://lurkertech.com/bill-the-borg/

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like