back to article Telecity shuffles off London stockmarket

Former UK-owned data centre outfit Telecity has today delisted from the London stock market, having formally been subsumed by US co-location giant Equinix following its £2.3bn acquisition. The deal, which was announced back in May 2015, will add an annual revenue of £349m to Equinix's global turnover of $2.4bn (£1.7bn). It …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

some UK customers

To be fair to Telecity since they took over IFL in Manchester I have been impressed by their service, the data centre is spotless and remote hands work handled quickly and efficiently. They are a little bit more expensive than some of the opposition but I'm in no hurry to leave.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: some UK customers

but I'm in no hurry to leave.

Not yet. But as a general rule any takeover by a US company is followed by a cocktail mixed from some blend of cost cutting, destruction of the acquired company's USP, and price increases.

Ask fans of Cadbury's Creme Eggs, or customers of Virginmedia.

2. Jason 24

Re: some UK customers

We moved out of IFL after the take over due to them upping the price by 50% for no additional benefits.

I think some other people did too as there's several bits of kits in Teledata still sporting IFL stickers.

2. Scaffa

Whereas I have experience to the opposite, including recently their remote hands managing to drop power to our entire rack then saying "There's no camera in that isle" - followed by them using a camera in the same isle to prove no-one touched a cable when we had a layer 2 failure!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Expensive

Depends who you are comparing to. They came in very cheap, compared to the competition, in a bid I was part of. Maybe they wanted our business :)

4. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Unhappy

Note THE PATRIOT Act now applies to anyone using them.

All your data is now available for the USG's inspection.

Your permission is not required and your awareness will not be allowed.

1. MAPINGUARI

Re: Note THE PATRIOT Act now applies to anyone using them.

Yep - having worked previously for TCY, this was indeed part of the sales pitch a few years back to different them from Equinix.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like