back to article Two big risks could torpedo Dell-EMC deal

The Dell-EMC merger deal, with EMC shareholders getting $33.15 per share, was announced on October 12 last year, when EMC shares traded up to $28.35 from September 29’s low of $23.13; they’d been rising since then on rumours of the deal. Now the EMC shares are worth $24.10. The deal involves EMC shareholders getting $24.05 …

1. Steve K

Dell and EMC had better hold fire on the reorganisations then...

Dell and EMC had better hold fire on the reorganisations then...

Recent reports show them both looking to eliminate departments where there would be overlap in a merged organisation.

Steve

1. klaxhu

Re: Dell and EMC had better hold fire on the reorganisations then...

The deal is just a good reason for them to do something they needed to do for long time!

They are probably organising as we speak a second wave of massive layoffs.

I wasn't for the federation to be hit by the dell garbage truck, but now I actually wish - for EMC's sake - for the deal to happen. If it doesn't for various reasons, IBM, Cisco or <insert big behemoth company name here> will pick up the pieces of what's left when the shares dropped even more and bye bye EMC Federation.

2. Nate Amsden

i'm no banker

But why can't the loan terms be something like "you can have the money as long as the shareholders approve the deal". Put some sort of guarantee on the money so the shareholders know they will get paid if they approve it. Seems simple to me anyway.

1. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

Re: i'm no banker

Oh, the loan terms can be along those lines - but you can bet vital body parts that the terms include a "bank gets paid huge fee whatever the outcome"-clause.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like