back to article Symantec's definition of transformation: Take the profit made a year ago and burn a quarter of it

Symantec has announced its results for the third quarter of fiscal 2016 and they aren't looking pretty. Revenues are down 6 per cent and profits plummeted by 23 per cent. In a conference call following the earnings announcement, CEO Michael Brown said the Silicon Valley firm was well on its way with a three-year restructuring …

1. JeffyPoooh
    Pint

Good, I hope it hurts...

I'm so happy. Symantec deserves whatever crap that karma can throw at them.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Well they fscked off enough employees to the bin

I can say as an ex-employee that there's a special place in Hell for their CEO, and my ex-boss!

The cash must have been a hail Mary to show Wall St that anyone really cares about them as customers have started getting wise that a large number of products are entering into EOL this calendar year. When they fully wake up, Symantec's earnings could further dip when said customers look at (and buy) far better solutions now in the market.

Rot13 in hell....

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yep!

For years I saw Symantec get bloated from the inside though acquisition of companies they didn't know and understand how to digest while they never had the capability of getting rid of the internal faeces that were those incompetent management who survived cull after cull and continued to create fail after fail that it became constipated; now they're on the Atkins diet thinking that will solve their their problems and loose weight, problem is they will continue to be constipated and the enema to fix it now will only happen in the form of total collapse or takeover.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like