back to article Violin Memory axes quarter of its staff after finances hit a bum note

Violin Memory has become a sub-$50-million-run-rate company with its latest loss-making quarter, and announced a 25 per cent head count cut in a restructuring exercise. The beleaguered all-flash array company saw revenues in its fourth fiscal 2016 quarter, ended Jan 31, of just $10.9m, the lowest amount in more than three …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It's never good when you can count your new customers on your fingers.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I wish no ill on any business or people but isnt Violin now way past recovery.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Actually no.

I'm afraid Violin is indeed way past recovery, not now, but since already a loooong time ago. They just didn't knew it back then.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I believe it was Will Smith under the guise of DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince who said it best:

Tick tick tick tick BOOM

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Rearchitect to Compete with DSSD

Violin is dead, but perhaps someone will buy them and reconfigure them with a PCIe/NVMe interface for ultra-low latency DAS.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Rearchitect to Compete with DSSD

No need to rearchitect. The 3000 and 6000 series already had PCIe connectivity. All an acquirer would need to do is rip out the terrible new Falconstor layer and go back to the good old days of massively-expensive flash with no data services... just like DSSD.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It is fascinating that individuals can become very wealthy inside companies that never make any money.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon