back to article Creaking Surrey distie Northamber: Windows 10 ate my hamster

AIM-listed tech distie Northamber’s sales are again withering on the vine, with blame falling on Microsoft’s Windows 10 and pesky human beings who are failing to buy more computers. Sequestered in an industrial estate in deepest Surrey, Northamber has made a living from selling IT for the past 35 years but might just have seen …

1. ColonelClaw

Not a great time to be in the PC business.

Pretty much "[insert any PC vendor name] blames Windows 10 on falling sales"?

At least it makes a change from "[insert any PC vendor name] blames Windows 8/8.1 on falling sales"

Progress of sorts.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Progress...

As more people realise they don't have to be PC users any more.

3. Mikel

No tears for disties

By eliminating non-Windows choices in the marketplace they eliminated the need for Microsoft to make a compelling product. Then when an alternative arose they didn't participate in it - giving over the pace and direction of progress to upstarts. They could play in this hot new mobile game if they wanted, and be big movers in it. But they won't. They will persist in their futile attempts to wring profits from the shrinking Windows PC market, competing with all the others in it - each growing ever more desperate, all refusing to accept that the climate has changed. And one by one they will close their doors and go home for good.

That's how you fight alligators. You drain the swamp.

4. The Godfather
    Pirate

Fish out of water

Cash in tank is the oxygen left but Northamber shot it's bolt when it peaked at revenue and refused to change tack.... using its cash pile to just twist a little in the hope of finding water.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Blaming 10 is a cop out

I'm still buying PCs with Windows 7 and whilst there might not be a significant range, I have been recently purchasing quite a few Lenovo i3 sff's for £202 so I would say that Northambers issue is either they brought a shed load of 10 PCs and are stuck with them, or their prices are too high. I don't have an account with them so can't confirm the latter.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon