back to article $3bn for an IT services outfit? Bloody Dell!

NTT Data says it will be acquiring the IT services branch of Dell in a reported $3bn deal. The Japanese IT services giant said it would be taking on Dell Services as part of a push to expand its reach globally as a provider. In particular, NTT Data says that the deal will boost its presence in North America and extend its …

1. Mike Flugennock
    Coffee/keyboard

He didn't pay $3bn for that damn' JACKET, THAT'S for sure

Seriously, man, where'd he find that goddamn' jacket? Did he tear it off Sammy Davis Jr or something? Does his mama still pick out his clothes for him? DId he get dressed in the dark? OUT, MY EYES.

2. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

Looks like he's done with checking the couch and behind the fridge to find some change to finance his little project.

3. keithpeter Silver badge
    Windows

loss

"Dell, meanwhile, would come out of the deal down roughly $800m on what it originally paid for the business."

Roughly $100 million per year of ownership loss on the deal there. Mitigated by any profits in the mean time. Is this normal?

1. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

Re: loss

Well, in unicorn startup la-la-land losses of a mere $100 million a year is basically like making a profit. "Normal" is very, very relative. I'd like to know what Ross Perot would say, though.

1. Darth.0
        WTF?

I'll tell you what he'd say, in a southern drawl please: Now that's just sad.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Nope. It's not normal. And as far as I remember from reports, Perot barely broke even, and usually lost some.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like