back to article Fujitsu Services hacks bonuses to pay for minimum wage hike

Folk at Fujitsu Services Engineering Services Ltd (FSESL) have claimed that changes to their bonuses made to accommodate a rise in the minimum wage will actually leave some of them worse off. From 1 April – the Fools’ Day – the UK organisation complied with new government legislation to raise the National Living Wage for those …

1. David Neil

You want to work with them computers

Loads of money to be made

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Considering Fujitsu have moved the appraisal date so we miss the end of the financial year I am assuming that they will forget to play this years share in success bonus this year.

Ff course they calculate the budget twice, if they make target then they pay senior peoples bonuses, then they recalculate the profits afterwards and decide if the people who actually do the work will get anything (at a considerably lower bonus rate)

To quote J Lydon "Ever feel you've been had?"

3. Andrew Moore

Of course...

now there's no loyalty bonus, there's nothing from stopping people from leaving (and letting HR know that's the reason for leaving during the exit interview)

1. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

Re: Of course...

"now there's no loyalty bonus, there's nothing from stopping people from leaving (and letting HR know that's the reason for leaving during the exit interview)"

The loyalty bonus is peanuts, 10 quid a week, and people that far down the ladder don't get "exit interviews".

I thought my pay was low. Glad I don't work that bunch of sharks!

4. The Man Who Fell To Earth Silver badge
    Boffin

What do people expect?

The MBA types to use profits to raise folks minimum wage? Their own bonuses would go down. Can't have that!

5. Alan Brown Silver badge

The problem is not that overall pay has gone down.

The problem is that people are willing to work for Fujitsu when it pays so little.

6. Mike Brown

worked for fujitsu

Never again. The pay schemes are so complex its impossible to work out if your getting paid right, and i had suspicions i wasnt. Even worse where the managers who either didn't care or didn't understand, so going to them over pay was pointless.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like