back to article Seagate to dismount and fsck its ClusterStor?

Amid the looming closure of its Havant facility in the UK, Seagate has nothing to say about the future of ClusterStor, its HPC disk array product line that was engineered there. When we learned Seagate was planning to close its Havant site with 325 job losses, we realized that this was the ClusterStor development shop. …

1. kclaffey

VP/GM Clusterstor Seagate

Chris, I think your article is somewhat mis leading at this stage or at least out of date; you contacted me for a comment yesterday, I responded the same day that the proposed site closure in Havant would not affect ClusterStor, explaining that these systems are now manufactured in multiple Seagate facilities on the back of the significant growth we have experienced in the HPC business since we joined Seagate some two years ago, yet 24 hours later your article is still not updated and leaves audience with mis-information. I suggest your readers deserve to be informed of the updated information in your possession.

Thanks,

Ken

VP/GM Clusterstor

Seagate

1. gazthejourno (Written by Reg staff)

Re: VP/GM Clusterstor Seagate

Hi Ken, thanks for your comment.

You may be unaware that we published a fresh story this morning updating our readers, based on your comments to Chris: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/07/26/clusterstor_is_okay_says_its_vp_and_gm/

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like