back to article Outsourcery burned through more than £20 MEEEELLION in cash before it crashed

Defunct cloud infrastructure and apps provider Outsourcery Plc attracted interest from 12 bidders before it was offloaded to GCI Telecom for £4m, in a pre-pack administration handled by EY. The Statement of Affairs filed at Companies House revealed the final weeks of the failed Manchester-based, AIM-listed corporation that …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

They were crap

Remember them setting a server up for us to test. I had to download the ancient creaking Cisco VPN client to dial in and access it, which would barely install on my laptop, no to mention totally unsupported.

Didn't seem to understand me when I told them it was obsolete, now they are!

2. Nunyabiznes
    Joke

Must Resist

Must resist Terry Pratchett reference...

3. cabac

Toolbox

Mine contains:

Screwdrivers.

Spanners.

Hammers.

Pliers.

Wirecutters.

Hacksaw.

P. Linney

S. Newton.

The last two look the business but appear to be of feck all use.

4. Naselus

I was repeatedly harassed by recruitment consultants for jobs at Outsourcery for most of the past two years, as were most other engineers in the whole of Manchester. Most people avoided it like the plague, since it has been a byword for failing business since at least 2012. It never came close to turning a profit and Linney and Newton paid themselves a quarter of a million quid a year each for... well, I'm not entirely sure what they were doing, tbh. Setting fire to large piles of other people's money, apparently.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon