back to article Apple moving to scrubbed up London's Battersea Power Station

Apple is moving into a shiny new HQ at the revamped Battersea Power Station in London – just as soon as developers have finished wrecking rebuilding the iconic Southside brick masterpiece. The owners of the building site have said that Apple will take “ six floors of office space” at the site from 2021, relocating 1400 staff …

1. I Like Heckling Silver badge

Am I the Only One...

Wondering why the Reg has used a picture of Liverpool comedian and TV presenter Paul O'Grady instead of one of Tim Cook... or are my eyes deceiving me.

1. fordie

Re: Am I the Only One...

Have you never seen "Tim Cook: for the love of dogs" on ITV?

2. Dan 55 Silver badge

Re: Am I the Only One...

Indeed. I'm left wondering the same thing, it should have been Wallace and Gromit.

3. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Khaptain Silver badge

Apple Tax

Does this mean that they have now successfully wrangled a deal with some local Govt Official who will help "take" care of the tax avoidance subtleties that Apple are so well acquainted with ?

Can we now generally use "Apple Tax" as a synonym for Tax Avoidance, Wily Wrangling of Govt Lays/Officials, Evil Levies...etc

1. M7S

Re: Apple Tax

Perhaps they're hoping that the diplomatic zone defining the perimeter of the new US Embassy will stretch a bit further and apply to them.

There's material for an ijoke as its only around the corner, but I'll have to leave that to cleverer wordsmiths than I to complete.

2. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge

Re: Apple Tax

Wandsworth Council will be getting a lot of Business Rates (Tax) from Apple for this site and that is one Tax they can't avoid.

3. Warm Braw

The dog food factory

Did that used to process the stuff that went into the dogs' home or the stuff that came out of it?

4. Neil 44

Do you really mean pigs might fly - over Battersea Power Station?

Pink Floyd were there before you: http://www.hipgnosiscovers.com/images/animals_lp_uruguay_front.jpg

1. TRT Silver badge

Apple in a pig's mouth.

5. AlexS
    Thumb Down

Yey BREXIT. Welcome to the UK. We won't tax you, we will just tax the little people - you can do what the heck you like!

6. Slx

That move was planned long before Brexit. They're just consolidating a load of offices scattered around London as it makes a lot more sense to have everyone in one place for a whole load of logistical reasons.

7. Fruit and Nutcase Silver badge
    Black Helicopters

Abandoned White Cats in London Rejoice!

Battersea Dogs and Cats Home may be able to get Tim take some into his London bunker

007/Blofeld/White Cat/Chimney (alas, not Battersea Power Station)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbCFYceDGkM

8. Fruit and Nutcase Silver badge
    Happy

A cold day in hell

The Register gets an invitation to the formal opening of the Apple London HQ

9. DrM
    Thumb Up

Pink

Flying pig? Very pink. :-)

10. Tom Paine

It's all gone

The "refurbishment" of the building has included demolition of the four chimneys and their replacement with replicas. Had to be done, apparently, but... would they do this to the Houses of Parliament?

https://www.batterseapowerstation.co.uk/#!/go/view/app/chimney?view=updates

11. phuzz Silver badge

"Apple’s tax advisors"

Is that how you spelll it? I thought the word started with an ev or something

12. Alister

But why haven't you mentioned Cybus Industries? They were using the power station for a while, as the headquarters of John Lumic.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like