back to article Natwest online payments go down

Customers at Blighty's high-street bank Natwest have been struggling to make online payments this afternoon. One customer got in touch to report that a NatWest web-chat support person today told them: "We are currently experiencing issues with online banking, particularly making payments to new and existing payees on your …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Trollface

Aaaahhhhh...

Outsourcing at it's finest...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Aaaahhhhh...

Except RBS/Natwest haven't outsourced that much as far as I'm aware? Offshored yes, but not so much outsourcing.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Aaaahhhhh...

Outsourced or offshored, getting rid of 7,500 man years of site knowledge never ends well

2. Zimmer
    FAIL

An Update gone wrong, perhaps?

I logged on earlier this morning to a message of how they had made wonderful changes to enhance my banking experience (hmmm) fortunately I had no payments to make...

The changes include swapping the order of statement entries and putting more transaction details on the statement.. Soooo, have they mucked the payments system when they installed the upgrade? I bet they missed something.. or installed new progs they shouldn't have...Ho Hum, another chance for Sysadmin overtime (and expenses!!)

3. Boris the Cockroach Silver badge
    FAIL

Makes me glad

when I told my bank to stuff their online banking thingy up their arses....

4. Ilmarinen
    FAIL

"making payments to new and existing payees"

That'd be all of then then - except the future ones.

Tossers.

5. Richard Hesketh

Workaround

Dunno if it's still broken, but when I tried to pay a plumber mid-afternoon, I got around it by registering the payee on the web, then paying through the iPhone app. Worth a try if you're still struggling.

6. Kaltern

Pfft I can't pay O2, ScottishPower and a couple of other brands online anyway - they seem to think that they are a security risk and block all payment attempts.

Calling their fraud team, they tell me it's precautionary and they can't stop the blocks from happening.

I know that some companies are probably crooked, but...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Seems to be working correctly.

They must be basing credibility on each Company's Live Twitter feed.

The common consensus on Twitter seems to be Scottish Power are a bunch of crooks, so Natwest's fraud dept seems to have got things about right.

7. PeterM42
    FAIL

Do Marks & Spencer use Natwest?.....

......because they could not give cashback to customers this morning.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon