back to article Fujitsu in talks to bail from PC market, Lenovo one of the suitors

Fujitsu has become the latest sub-scale PC maker to consider exiting the client market amid ongoing talks with potential buyers including Lenovo. The Japanese giant reacted to a report in the Nikkei Asian Review this morning that put Lenovo, the world’s biggest shifter of PC tin, as the leading candidate to gobble the business …

1. Jason Hindle

Fu Who?

Now there's a name I've not heard in years. In fact, I can't remember the last time I saw a Fujitsu PC. That they're still in the market at all comes as a surprise....

1. Chris Miller

Re: Fu Who?

My thoughts, too. You do see them on TV shows (e.g. Beck) with the distinctive 'broken infinity' logo - I assume this is product placement.

2. Uncle Slacky Silver badge

Re: Fu Who?

They still supply Airbus with all their corporate laptops.

2. Gis Bun

Lenovo should fix their own systems before adding more problems.

Lenovo specific vulnerabilities.

Malware used in some kit included in the install bloatware.

You can even add 26 years ago when Lenovo Canada offered 70% off laptops [should of been 30%] and then didn't honor the 70% off.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Don't panic

Fujitsu management have sent an email describing this story as speculation and told us in so many words not to panic. Obviously, we're panicking.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like