back to article AMD to dump ATI brand

The ATI brand is about to disappear, AMD announced Monday. "The timing is right as far as we're concerned," an AMD spokesman told The Reg, explaining that the company's brand strategy is moving to a "customer-centric approach" and away from processer-centric branding. The company's Radeon and FirePro brands will remain, but …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. 32holes

I dont care what they are called as long as.....

YOUR FRIGGEN DRIVERS WORK for my 4850 and they dont. Starting with 9.5 i cannot get my fan to spin up to anything than default, %18 i think it is, and at that speed you will fry your chip in no time. And yes i have it set to override the speed manually otherwise you have a machine set to fry eggs on.

I have tried everything up to 10.6 and the only one out of those is 10.4. Tried going through AMD/ATI support lately? I gave up cos it is one rat race of a circle and i am sick and tired of being made to jump through one hoop after another and then doing the same.

I bought my first AMD back in the P4/Athlon days when the AMD chip was better. Now it seems through some anti-competitive practices Intel have taken the lead again so i might go back to intel .When i used Intel I never had the sort of driver problems i am experiencing with this AMD/ATI crap.

150 pounds that 4850 cost me and just barely a year later i cant even update the drivers in fear of frying my card.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like