back to article Google planning to brand and sell Android tablets

Google is bypassing the channel to sell co-branded Android tablets directly via web shops. The internet advertising giant's Android operating system has struggled to take a serious bite out of Apple's fondleslab market share and now the web goliath is fixin' to take the matter in hand rather than relying on hardware partners …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. stuartnz
    Thumb Up

Is neutrality permitted?

I think the idea of Google jumping into the tablet hardware market is very exciting. I am a fandroid, I guess, with both my wife and I using Android phones, but there's no question for me that the iPad is a marvellously slick product. If Google can come up with a product that offers less lock-in, higher-specs and better polish than the Fire, while coming in cheaper than the iPad then I for one would be very keen to buy one.

2. kingster99

The only way Google will be able to make money on a subsidised Tablet is by having an alternative revenue stream.

The Amazon Fire has the Amazon store selling the electronic media needed to make the venture profitable....

Google need to push their Play store and also open up Google Music beyond the US. Then they can use their Tablet hardware as a portal to their electronic store and drive revenue to counter selling the tablet at a loss or minimal margin

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like