back to article Microsoft tops list of software piracy nailed in UK by FAST

The Federation Against Software Theft (FAST) - which investigates whistleblowers' allegations of organisations and individuals using pirated software - said half of the copyright-infringement claims it dealt with last year that were settled out of court involved Microsoft wares. The federation today disclosed its stats for the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Gray
    Big Brother

Big Brother is a snitch?

I've sometimes wondered if Windows Genuine Advantage is empowered to gather up one's ID and IP address and report a 'failed' verification to FAST? Seems like a logical next step.

Oh, wait ... that would involve supporting a massive new investment in FAST for enforcement and door-crashing! Oh, how clever ... to move all the choice nuts high up into the cloud, where the pilfering squirrels can't steal them!

2. JaitcH
    FAIL

"federation attempts to negotiate a deal to pay for the software"

And, pray, what does it do when one of it's principles steals software from others as MS did to Toronto software firm i4i, who took Microsoft to court for stealing its patented technology for use in the software?

The court also granted $290 million in damages to the Toronto firm.

Ah, yes, I thought so, NOTHING!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Julian Heathcote Hobbins, general counsel at non-profit FAST"

Non-profit? Hardly a charity, one supposes, and dedicated to the profits of the software companies that it acts for.

General Counsel? What's one of those? The latest trendy meaningless job title?

Julian Heathcote Hobbins? err... ditto.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Trollface

A Down Vote!

Hello Mr Hobbcote Heathins!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Still want to prank those idiots.

As we're an all Mac shop and only have 1 Windows machine (which is on a TechNet subscription), it may be worth leaking that we're a massive copy shop. The compensation alone should keep us in the black without lifting a finger for a couple of months :)

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like