back to article Excise Xmas prezzie indecision MISERY with El Reg’s gift guide²

Christmas is special. When else will you spending lots of money you don’t have buying things they don’t deserve for people you don’t like? That said, we all grudgingly accept that you may want to buy some presents for people this year – bah humbug – even if you haven’t an earthly what to buy them. To help you out, we’ve come …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Eddy Ito
    Facepalm

"consider the HP Chromebook, so you don't need to worry about updating it."

You also don't need to worry about printing unless you want to buy another printer or set up a computer that isn't a Chrome[book,box] to act as a print server to the Chrome lined cloud.

1. Robert E A Harvey

They have to buy their own printer

1. Eddy Ito

Technically, but having been through multiple printer returns because the non-[air, chrome]print printer was "on sale", I know it doesn't really work that way.

2. Eddy Ito

So only two downvotes? Must have been Brin and Page. I'm a bit disappointed that Eric didn't come to the party but I'm guessing he's actually been in Istanbul trying to print his return boarding pass only to find out it's several thousand miles away in his printer tray at the office. Oh well, at least he wasn't trying to print with his iPad, as if it mattered.

2. Valeyard

I know what I'm getting

Some silage for Jake's farm-powered linux box, which will also be converted into the bullshit he's probably soon to write here

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"...never buy your parents a Mac laptop or desktop if you use a Windows machine, or vice versa."

Absolutely correct, except the last 9 words.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sprogs

>It’s hard to know what to get the little blighters these days

I'll be giving my sprogs exactly the same as they'll give me, sweet fa. Want a present in our house, you buy it yourself, Christmas, bah humbug.

1. Nigel Whitfield.

Re: Sprogs

Seems eminently reasonable to me, too, frankly. The best that most people will get out of me this year is a scowl.

5. druck Silver badge

Camera for oldies

If you are getting a decent camera for oldies, or just anyone over 40, get one with a viewfinder and dioptre adjustment so they can use with or without glasses. With just a screen on the back, they'll either have to have to hold it at arms lengths to see, or find the correct pair of glasses for close up, and then wont be able to see what's going on around them.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Cranberry sauce?

Gentleman's relish!

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.