back to article Ballmer says 500 MILLION 'users' to 'have' Windows 8 in 2013

Microsoft's given its first indication of how many devices it expects to ship running Windows 8 next year. Chief executive Steve Ballmer is reported to have said 500 million "users" would "have" Windows 8 next year - he was speaking at the Seoul Digital Forum, in South Korea. There were no more specifics, and there was no …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. IGnatius T Foobar
    FAIL

The Second Coming? AGAIN?

Every upcoming version of Windows is touted by Microsoft as the most amazing thing EVAR!! It's going to cure world hunger, bring the planets into alignment, etc. etc. And every time, without fail, they release a barely usable piece of crud. Why should this time be any different?

1. Adam White

Re: The Second Coming? AGAIN?

"From now on everything you do will be more fun"

- Windows XP Setup wizard

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ballmer smokes crack

He must be smoking crack and dropping some LSD if he actually believes the spew coming from his mouth.

3. techfreak
    Go

I'll use Windows 8 as soon as its RTM ...

I can't ignore the architectural improvements and the cloud integration, so I'll use Windows 8. But my install will be heavily customized. While I've ignored nifty desktop utilities with Windows 7, you can bet that I will use them on Windows 8. The windows will display glass, there will be a start menu, maybe even flip 3D, you can bet on it. My hope is for a glassy translucent Metro start screen. I'll make Windows 8 'my idea'...

4. Drefsab
    Thumb Down

I tried the win 8 CP and oh my god what a god awful OS I reinstalled after the day back to windows 7 deleted the image and snapped the dvd I burned of it. Its so bad I wouldn't even pirate it, if it comes on a new pc/laptop I get the first thing I will do is format and reinstall (I wouldn't even let it boot once). Im not alone in the MS I hope you learn the lesson come windows 9 because 8 is already failed.

1. Sandra Greer
      Angel

Didn't there used to be a rule?

Don't use even-numbered releases of anything? I vaguely remember that it was true a long time ago, even before M$FT.

1. Bob Vistakin
        Pint

Re: Didn't there used to be a rule?

That rule still exists and must be strictly adhered to, along with the other one of avoiding odd-numbered releases.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Trollface

'deepest, broadest' penetration with new tool

He must have actually answered some of his spam email

6. kidder12

Balmer is a tool....

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like