back to article Tablets aren't killing ereaders, it's clog-popping wrinklies - analyst

Don’t blame the tablet computer for the demise of the ebook reader. Instead, look no further than aged users who are inconveniently - for Amazon, Sony, Barnes & Noble, Kobo et al - kicking the bucket. That’s the claim made by ABI Research, a market watcher which has been tracking the ereader business for more than 10 years. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. stuartnz

Re: Ave Kindle, te morituri salutant

I use Calibre A LOT, but at times its epub to mobi or azw can be patchy, so some epubs I read as such using Aldkio on my Nexus 7.

1. Thorfkin

E-Ink Screen

It's my opinion that the average buyer doesn't understand the difference between an E-ink screen and a tablet screen. When i walk into a tech store like Best Buy I see the e-book readers and tablets displayed next to each other in the same place in the store but I never see any displays or placards that explain the benefits of the E-ink screen. So naturally potential buyers see the tablets with their beautiful color screen and wonder why anyone would buy an e-book reader. I think retailers need to do a better job of making sure customers understand the benefit of only having to charge their e-reader up every few months no matter how much they use it.

1. Lallabalalla

Re: E-Ink Screen

Unless they have a KOBO, which seems to have appalling battery life straight out of the box. Can get maybe 5 days (i.e. about 15 hours) out of mine. Or is that good?

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like