back to article Microsoft tries to sell home Office users on subscription pricing

Microsoft has unveiled its first attempt to seduce consumers into paying subscription pricing for its Office 365 package. For $99.99 a year, buyers get the Office 365 Home Premium, which gives them a license to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, and Access applications on five computers in the home. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Danny 14

PDF

How good is the new office at editing PDFs? It becomes a cheaper version of acrobat if it does it well.

2. Vladimir Plouzhnikov

Software is NOT a service

It's a tool. I don't pay subscription for my hammer or pliers I use at home, neither will I ever do so for any software.

3. Jason 24

Is anyone really suprised....

MS staff are keen to show that sticking with them would save the country money

Council staff are keen to show that the changes they implemented have saved money

If either set argued the other way they'd be sacked, and no one wants that.

The number can always be fudged depending on your view point.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Insanity

I use Office because unlike OpenOffice it works properly ... but if MS is pulling this kind of shit I think I'll put up with OO's formatting flaws. Of course only after my present version of Office becomes unusable.

While I'm at it I think I'll uninstall Skype, not that I actually use it.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like