back to article Lenovo to ship all new PCs with Start Menu replacement

You wanted the Start menu back in Windows 8.1. Microsoft listened ... and didn't give it to you. Now Lenovo says that if a Start Menu is what it will take to get you to start buying Windows 8 PCs, then by gum, a Start Menu you shall have. By now, everyone should be aware that the Start icon that's coming to the Windows 8.1 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. darklordsid
      Thumb Up

Re: Why?

Yes, today Ballmer was fired. That was a real evolution.

1. Spoonsinger

Ok, (and this is just an observation on a new windows 8 user)....

a client I had to install a windows 8 PC for lately - a business women with no time for PC shenanigans - although sex shouldn't come into it - actually quite likes Win8. She likes the fact that the familiar start menu was there, (basically because I installed Classic Shell), but also liked that when she opened a pdf under windows 8, (thus using the inbuilt viewer), from an e-mail she just hovered over the right of the screen, went to devices and selected the printer she wanted to print from. I did enquire why that was better than in the "old days" on just selecting the print or menu option, and she said the option was just there and that's where I was supposed to click because it says devices and a printer was shown. (I said umm).

So in short, people like an old classic menu but people also like it when they just hover randomly hover over something on the screen and it doesn't crash the computer when they click the option which is highlighted even if it might not be the thing they want to do. (this is just an extrapolation of a 'users' thought process - absolutely no idea what they think about in real life).

2. Fihart

And I thought Lenovo were a safe choice.

But obviously the same sort of idiots slugging their computers with crapware.

If they had any balls they'd call Redmond and tell them to sort out W8 or let them continue installing W7.

They wouldn't be the first to make that call, apparently.

1. darklordsid
      Trollface

Re: And I thought Lenovo were a safe choice.

Yes they preload it with Windows 8, a real crapware!

3. Brian Allan

Maybe Microsoft could listen to users...

1. ITS Retired
      Facepalm

They do.

Every other time.

4. Christian Berger

And as usual

90% of those computers will run Linux before they finally get scrapped.

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like