back to article Windows 8: At least it's better than ‘not very good’

By the pricking of my thumbs, and by the noisy crowd booking out half the pub, the wickedness of office party season has kicked in big time. Certainly, 'tis the season to be jolly and to suffer the indignities of itinerant workers debasing themselves in order to get invited. Another year at the Cheshire Cheese The importance …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

1. Tom Jolly
    Thumb Up

I like Windows 8

I've been using Windows 8 as my main machine for about a month now and i'm really starting to like it even on a non-touch screen desktop. It's fast, especially when connecting via remote desktop. It was a little frustrating at first, but when I started making use of the windows key it really took off. finding stuff is a breeze, just hit the windows key and type the first few characters...windows key + cal + enter...calculator is up. same with any other app. easier than clicking START, All Programs, Accessories....

Dual screen support is great too, the start bar is on each screen, rather than just on your main one.

On a 4 year old semi touch screen laptop, the metro interface is fast and snappy. it's like a new lease of life.

The built in Anti-Virus seems pretty solid and MSE was about the only AV product I've not seen an infection on.

Got no complaints so far and getting a lot of positive reviews from customers too.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What a shame ..

this is a typical "Windows Court-Jester Article"!

The Windows Ecosystem has reached the highest level of decadence!

This is the actual status: Microsoft + W8 * WP8 = Kodak 2.0

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like