back to article EU strengthens online shopper protection

The European Parliament has approved changes to a draft law aimed to strengthen protections for online shoppers who buy goods from other member states. The changes made by MEPs will now be pushed forward as the basis for agreement with all member states. It will cover all purchases whether made online, by phone, post or in a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Chad H.

Well.

If it wasnt for EASA trying to effectively ban pleasure flying, then I'd say its glad to know there's at least one parliament out there working for the people and not for the corporations.

2. McDragon
    Thumb Up

Budget airlines

I hope I am not hoping in vain this will FINALLY include companies like Ryanair, Easyjet and such to allow the customer to cancel his flighty. I mean how ridiculous is it that they do not allow it when they could just as easy sell the flight on. Of course that would mean they possibly could not sell off the flight so that is why the greedy bast***s should be forced to do so.

3. Chumlee
    Thumb Down

Good for customers, bad for sellers

The €40 return law is seriously flawed. How to kill off your competition in two easy steps.

1. Buy 1,000,000 of the heaviest goods they sell

2. Return them

Given that the seller now pays for the return fees then it could bankrupt many online firms.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like