back to article BT Engage IT's big cheese shown the door

The chief operating officer at BT Engage IT has been handed his pink slip as part of the planned redundancies at the reseller giant, The Reg understands. The telco giant is integrating its three reseller businesses including BT Engage – comprising the Basilica and Lynx Technology acquisitions – the Business Direct brand (dabs. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    WTF?

WTF was BT Engage?

Dittoo for Basilica and Lynx.

Seriously I'm guessing they are some kind of con-sultancy con-tracting operation for Global Megacorps.

In which case they should have some high profile customers they brag about.

Such as....

1. Jared Hunt
      Facepalm

GIYF

From their website:

"BT Engage IT is a part of BT Group. We provide consultancy, Unified Communications, managed ICT services and complete computing services for medium and large organisations. Helpdesks, hardware maintenance, staging and configuration, application delivery, high availability data, data back-up and managed print services are available. We can also supply an infrastructure audit report with recommendations for optimisation."

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Lynx Technology was one of the best SIs (System Integrators) in the land, for a while, until BT grabbed them. When I worked there we were shit-hot and going places.

BT then proceeded to merge Lynx with Basilica (a bunch of tin shifting, money grabbing, sales monkeys) and the whole thing went down hill from there.

All of the talent dribbled away over the last couple of years.

And now what's left is being merged with another box shifing, stack-high-sell-cheap outfit aka. Dabs.

Good luck to 'em, I'm sure it'll all come out in the wash.

3. This post has been deleted by its author

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"stack-high-sell-cheap"

BT may stack high and act cheap but they very rarely sell cheap.

This topic is closed for new posts.