back to article More BT heads roll amid biz transformation

BT Engage IT company insiders claim staff morale has hit rock bottom as further details of the redundancies come to light. The reseller arm of BT is integrating the three operations - BT Engage IT, Business Direct and dabs.com - and are trimming the workforce, with COO Chris Leigh among those leaving the business. It has …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. SuperTim

Reinterviewed for their positions.

Gotta love how they work. Having been through that a couple of times in the past few years, there is nothing like that phrase to make you lose all respect for management.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

You would think that having worked in the job for months if not years that the managers would know better. I've seen this happen three times at my place of work, fortunately I've not been affected once but it's a big stab to morale having to show why you are the best person to do the current job you are doing.

2. Natalie Gritpants

I wondered why Dabs had stopped being any good

Missed the news that BT bought it in 2006. Explains a lot.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'll ship the worlds smallest violin over. On a five year lease naturally. It'll be cheaper that way.

4. Tony Green
    Thumb Down

BT Management...

...haven't been worthy of any respect for many years.

5. Andy Livingstone

Wrong Heads

Start at the very top. Get rid of every BT Executive who is scared to see his / her email published for fear of being told paying Customers' real opinions or being asked to take action. That should clear the place.

6. PeterM42
    FAIL

No Sympathy

Having had a (thankfully brief) employment contract at BT and a BT phone line for far too long until a decent alternative was available, I came to realise that BT stood for Bunch of Tossers.

7. hstiles
    Facepalm

BT reseller

BT couldn't

- sort out the endless billing issues relating to redundant services they couldn;t find

- give me a straight answer on a line move without trying to trick me into signing up for a new 3 year circuit rental

- offer me improved call rates without some convoluted dial plan designed to hammer with me expensive connection fees

So why would I want to reward them with additional business and why on earth would I move it from a competent supplier.

8. Danny 14

I C

"There is an atmosphere of fear; everybody is looking over their shoulder"

so no different from most workers from companies that are falling on harder times then.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Maybe it's becuase it's a case of

Who,who and oh Dabs....

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

We currently use BT Engage to do hardware support on our kit, which is virtually all Dell. Not our choice, as someone else (whose kit is all HP) engineered the deal and we didn't find out till it was done and dusted.

On the up side for stuff like disk/PSU failures etc they're pretty good. They'll send out a replacement part pretty fast, not many questions asked.

Unfortunately when we had a firmware update trash a remote acccess crontroller (iDRAC) they were useless. You know you're on your own when they actually refer you to a post on Dell's forums that you've already read before logging the call. Took a while to get things sorted.

It's unlikely we'll renew the agreement for the Dell kit next time round.

This topic is closed for new posts.