back to article EMC Isilon stiffens penetration into NAS arena

EMC is making great progress attacking the scale-out NAS market with Isilon and trying to cap NetApp's growth there. NetApp has introduced ONTAP 8.1, its scale-out NAS clustering product, since EMC bought Isilon in late 2010. However, EMC ownership has boosted Isilon sales, as the chart from Stifel Nicolaus shows: EMC Isilon …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Phil Atkin

"Stiffens penetration"?

How about a New Year's resolution - fewer cock jokes? Go on, you know you want to.

1. diodesign (Written by Reg staff) Silver badge

Re: "Stiffens penetration"?

Fewer nob jokes ... hm, that may be in violation of my job description.

C.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No EMC effect

The graph of isilon clearly shows EMC had little or no effect on it's numbers. It seems like a regular EMC marketing campaign to show NetApp in negative light. Truth to be known is EMC is rattled by NetApp in core SAN accounts and EMC will do anything to keep NetApp down. Remember painting pavements, SPEC glory with 3000 SSDs ...

NetApp on the other hand is very quiet chipping bits of core SAN accounts. NetApp stand-up and TALK.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

wow

If you think this graph shows EMC has little or no effect then i'm afraid you're a little bit crazy. Acquisition by would have EMC opened up a lot of accounts for Isilon and added hundreds of sales peoples and techies. There is no way Isilon would have almost doubled their revenue in 3 quarters without EMC. Sure, they would have increased it like any growing company, but almost doubled it? No.

Get past the blind fanboi-ism!!

2. Hoosier Storage Guy
      FAIL

Talk is talk. Here are the real numbers. Pretty self-explanatory.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/01/09/emc_netapp_twins/

3. andysparkes

X9000

HP X9000 products also a real contender in the scale out NAS space.

4. NoSh*tSherlock!
    Boffin

Return on $2.1B Investment

Somehow I cannot feel impressed.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like