back to article Apple's Dutch Galaxy Tab ban shot down by The Hague

The Dutch have found themselves on the front line of the long-running international patent battle between Apple and Samsung: an appeals court in The Hague has rejected Apple's design-related gripes against Samsung's Galaxy Tab tablet, snubbing its request for a ban on the sale of the iPad rival in The Netherlands. The Hague …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

At Last

A bit of sense is finally creeping into this stupid patent spat, rounded corners are not a unique apple design feature.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Of course...

... it's the Dutch, they are just generally switched on, it's shame the rest of Europe can't be like them.

1. TeeCee Gold badge
        Coat

They're like the Scots, only with all the profligacy and largesse squeezed out.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Scots and kloggies

The Netherlands is a horrible place to work, and only marginal as a place of residence and is the last place in Europe I would choose to live (having made the mistake previously and spent a year of my life in that waterlogged swamp).

How does a Dutchman beg?

Both hands out, and both closed tightly shut.

AC, obviously

2. Kevin Johnston

scope narrowed?

Oh yes please, no problem with design rights being protected just so long as the definition is realistic. I don't even care if they come out with some 'variance zone' so that you can't just change one tiny aspect, just so long as it is clear to one and all that you cannot own a geometric shape regardless of scale and ratio.

From my (very) old days as an apprentice engineer, form follows function.

3. Silverburn
    Mushroom

Yawn

Anyone else bored of this yet?

<-- Anyone else want to round up all the lawyers, and drop one of these on them?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Forget the lawyers

Go to the root of the problem. Do it to the people that pay them.

1. Steven Roper
        Thumb Up

The real root of the problem

is the fanbois (and grrls) that buy Apple's products. Drop your nukes on them, and you kill two birds with one stone: you eliminate Apple's market, and you reduce the global population problem to sustainable levels AND increase the average intelligence by removing the shallow end of the gene pool.

2. Allicorn
        Mushroom

Nuclear on lawyers.

Nuclear on the causes of lawyers.

4. Darryl

Meanwhile

... some Dutch people read about this in the news and think "Hmmm, I had my heart set on an iPad, but maybe I should take a look at this Samsung too. If it's got Apple this scared, it must be a pretty impressive tablet..."

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Scared?

Why do you equate proactive action by company A against copycat company S to protect company A's design rights as an indication that company A is scared?

The argument is flawed, rather like your brain.

5. Wang N Staines

The new iBook stuff sounds like stuff in the Ridder video.

Is Apple stealing their idea?

I'm sure that Apple stole the rounded corners from that Ridder tablet.

6. Bob Vistakin
    FAIL

Whats the Beatles record label got to do with all this?

Or is this some other "Apple" you refer to which clearly hates copying so much.

One that, err, copied their name.

1. Coen Dijkgraaf
      Pirate

Re: Whats the Beatles record label got to do with all this?

And when the name dispute got taken to court, agreed never get into the music business.

Then broke that agreement by launching such products as the iPod & iTunes and got taken back to court again.

7. P. Lee

This is business

Right and Wrong don't enter into it. All that matters is that the main xmas sales period was spoilt. Apple took the profitability from the current generation of Samsung devices in the areas affected. ipad 3 is coming out and "better than ipad 2" won't count for anything.

If I were Samsung I'd offer a bounty to get a samsung branded version of android onto an ipad3, just for the lols. :D

8. This post has been deleted by its author

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like