back to article Seagate slam-dunks flood-hit rivals with triple-profit Q2

Seagate, the world's numero uno disk drive manufacturer, notched up a brilliant second 2012 quarter with revenues and profits soaring up above flood-diminished rival WD. Revenues were $3.2bn and net income of $563m, which compares to $2.7bn revenue and $150m net income in the year-ago quarter. A 19 per cent increase in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Steve Evans

"notched up a brilliant second 2012 quarter"

More impressively, the seem to have nailed time travel!

The rest of us have only just got into February 2012!

1. Tromak

Re: time travel

Nah. It's in reference to a fiscal (accounting) year instead of a physical year.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

: (

"It's in reference to a fiscal (accounting) year instead of a physical year."

Although you are probably correct - I have no idea, really - your reply is still the most disappointing answer that I have read since I don't know when.

: (

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Seagate, bleh

I don't care what Seagate does I will never purchase their products or any equipment containing their product.

Fuck Seagate and their shit customer service.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It'll all work out OK for WD in the end

when former WD customers remember that Seagate drives are unreliable and head back in droves to WD.

1. Framitz
      Thumb Up

Once WD is fully back up and running their superior product will prevail.

4. Joe User
    Flame

Triple-profit Q2

A new definition for "price gouging".

5. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Average $13 rise?

So how come nearly all the UK retailers doubled their prices?

Granted prices are now looking better but someone in the chain was gouging prices and it seems Seagate and everyone in the chain benefited.

6. Unicornpiss
    WTF?

WD superior product??

Maybe in the past, but WD has had a bad run lately. We've had dozens of WD drives that are less than a year old fail in the last year or so. It's gotten so that I expect to see a WD 'blue' label when I pull a failed drive from a laptop. I've not previously been a big fan of Seagate drives, but I would choose them over any WD product these days.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Now you know how profitable extortion can be

Like the oil cartel, so goes the HDD cartel.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like