back to article DSG results hit by sunshine

Dixons Store Group (DSG) said sales were hit by the unseasonally sunny weather in April and problems in France and Italy. For the year ended 28 April 2007, Dixons Store Group saw total sales grow 14 per cent or four per cent like for like. John Clare, group chief executive of DSG, said he was pleased with progress during a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Blame

Nice to see that "the boogie" isn't to blame for a change.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Leave it to the Poms to complain about too much sunshine

Next they'll be complaining about not enough rain

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Deep Shit Group

Given the absolutely appalling reputation of Dixons (hopelessly rebranded Currys Digital) and the even worse PC World, it's hardly surprising. I think the weather is the last of their problems...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sunshine isn't the problem, its consistently bad service

Haven't shopped at any DSG outlet in years, tried the new Dixons web site twice recently and the service stinks. Amazon wipes the floor with them. Days to process an order, cancelled deliveries, items dumped on the floor when they should be de-boxed and installed.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Interesting to see KESA CEO departing watch out John clare

Are we finally going to see the return of decent earnings from DSG, with the KESA boss going maybe John Clare should be checking out Polaris World. Time for the out of touch politburo to go.

It would also be useful to know what proportion of the amazing website numbers were due to buying pixmania and double counting collect at store sales as ecommerce revenues, I bet they won't provide segmented channel revenues at the AGM, but I'm sure they'll be an multi-channel FRS along sometime soon.

This topic is closed for new posts.