back to article Compaq UK founder Joe McNally has died

Compaq UK and Ireland founder Joe McNally has passed away after a three-year battle with cancer. He was 69. joe_mcnally_2 Joe McNally Picture by: Eddie Boldizsar McNally set up the UK beachhead for the Houston PC titan in 1984 with just £2,000 and a load of stock that he famously personally delivered by black cab, growing …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Toastan Buttar
    Holmes

Sounds like a decent fellow.

Someone in management who understood the day-to-day lives of "his workers". Who'd a thunk it?

2. Mike Khalfey

Condolences

I am saddened to hear of the death of Joe McNally. I will always remember him for his willingness to work with me when negotiating to sell Compaq computers through John Lewis. He personally gave a lot of his time to develop the opportunity through what was the first time that Compaq was venturing into retail in UK. In all my dealings with him he was always courteous and honourable.

May God Bless him.

Mike Khalfey - Retired John Lewis Central Buyer

3. mikepcsir

mike sterland

Joe was a lot more than just a decent felllow. He was a true giant of the B2B PC industry upon

who's shoulders we now all stand. Not too many people have managed to compete with IBM

and remain unscathed. He did & some !

It is with some sadness I note a world brand (Compaq) is now used by HP to

help obtain shelf space in Wallmart.

With a clear run at the market, without investor & banker greed, they would undoubtedly be

worrying Apple. Happy Days. I once gave Compaq a cheque for a £million with a big smile, worth every penny. We were his biggest & first customer & very proud to be so.

Mike

This topic is closed for new posts.