back to article Ingram Micro slams credit crunch 'negative thinking'

A senior Ingram Micro Europe exec has said that the channel is paying too much attention to fears of an economic downturn. Instead, said Johan Vandenbussche, vice president of the firm's pan-European business unit, keeping its chin up and taking a positive outlook should help the channel swerve any recession. Vandenbussche …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. amanfromMars Silver badge
    Alien

Negative Equity and Unreal Thinking creates the credit crunch, Johan.

Oh dear ....another headless chicken fond of his feather nest.

Ok, Johan, let's just pretend like good little boys that you might actually know what you are doing. Would that keep you happier than actually heralding Change? It would also keep all those sticky fingers in the pie/noses in the trough, wouldn't it. I do admire your dogged optimism, though would suggest that whenever it is misplaced it does everyone the Greatest of Dis-Services, but then Business Ethics and SOX Compliance are Alien to the dog eat dog world of the Markets and Fantasy Financing where the Rules of the Game are as flexible as you would wish to make them and where they're so easily bought. I suppose it is always a case of .."If you can't beat 'em, join em" although when it is a recipe for disaster one would have to question the Wisdom in that miserable failure.

The problem isn't Credit, the problem is Debt dressed up in fancy clothes and pimped as easy money for nothing of value ...... or would you disagree?

MeThinks some new Blood into the System, with some good old fashioned blood letting to purge it of Impurities, would do IT no harm and a Power of Good..

2. Alien8n
    Alien

IMPOSTER

That can't be our manfrommars, he actually made perfect sense that time...

I agree with him as well, the current conditions are entirely due to dressing debt up as an opportunity. As a result of loaning billions to people who simply had no way to pay back loans they've created a vicious circle where they're repossessing homes in areas where only the poor will live. With no one to buy the repossessed homes back from the banks they have no choice but to write off the debt. So far that's wiped off 100 billion from the financial markets with more still to come.

This topic is closed for new posts.