back to article Former Gov.UK sweetheart Logica evaporates after CGI swills it down

CGI's completion of its acquisition of Logica will see the departure of the company from the Stock Exchange at the end of this week and effectively the end of the Logica brand. CGI recently announced that it has completed the £1.7bn acquisition after Logica shareholders voted 99.54% in favour of CGI's offer at a shareholders …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. QuietLeni
    Meh

93 million citizens?

"The company has SAP and Oracle expertise and says it has successfully implemented more than 400 government ERP systems, managing in excess of $700bn and serving more than 93 million citizens."

Last time the ONS did their servey thing, didn't it say that there are 62 million citizens in the UK? Or is this including all of the illegal immigrants? I knew that this country was getting crowded?!!?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: 93 million citizens?

I think it refers to CGI's software, not Logica's and includes citizens in other countries.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: 93 million citizens?

Judging by the tone of your post, you would be far more comfortable with a Daily Mail survey into the "true" population.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@ AC: 9:55

judging by the tone of your post you don't get irony...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Well, it's a start...

Any news on Crapita?

1. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

Re: Well, it's a start...

They managed to buy themselves in a hostile takeover and are now shutting themselves down to save costs concentrate on core activities and promote excellence in customer experience.

4. Furbian
    Unhappy

Almost sad to see it go.

As an ex-employee who saw it going from someone competing to becoming a major powerful British IT company, to one that ended up shifting most of its business to India, it's still sad to see it being de-listed from the LSE. End of road. Alas poor Bogica as it was affectionately known at times. On reflection my career their had its ups and downs, but I have fond memories, and I always found the atmosphere to be 'proper' and above board, with only the occasional hiccup.

5. Random Coolzip

Seems odd...

Seems strange that they'd drop the brand. Has Logica become "tainted" in recent years? I had friends who worked there back in the '80s and it was a well-known company even then, can't imagine why they'd just walk away from that kind of brand recognition.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Joke

Re: Seems odd...

Why would they use the Logica brand when the parent group's CGI brand is all over every Hollywood blockbuster?

6. PeterM42
    FAIL

Goodbye.....

..............and good riddance!

From someone who was TUPE'd to Logica and thought their management style was CRAP. (As was the way they treated their employees.)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Goodbye.....

The company really only went downhill after the mid 1990's under Read and completely lost it under Green who's valedictory parting shot to the staff claimed he'd successfully built "One Logica". From where I'm sitting all he did was build "No Logica". Shame really, we had something for a while until the accountants got hold of it.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like