back to article HP's PC boss caught napping by Lenovo raid

HP knew Lenovo was coming up quickly from behind, but its EMEA PC chief clearly thought HP had a little more breathing space at the top of the PC market. Last night Gartner crowned Lenovo as the world's largest box-shifter into the channel during Q3, capturing 15.7 per cent of global sales-in to distributors and retailers …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Tom 35

They know how to fix it.

Fire some more people and out source something.

1. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

Re: They know how to fix it.

And then sack the CEO but give them a $100M payoff .

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Same old same old

Arrogance and ignorance. Its good to see Megs new ideas of innovation and realism have come down through the ranks already... erm.

3. Yes Me Silver badge

Next logical step

Surely some congressional committee will now find bogus security reasons why Chinese LeNovo equipment should not be purchased by the USA. Or maybe HP's lobbyists are less effective than Cisco's?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Next logical step

and ofcourse non of HP's stuff is made or designed in any of the Chinese sweatshops similar to what Lenovo or Apple uses - or maybe Korea just does it all? ( because they are super cool buddies )

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Outsource the Product Management to China

Clearly the current crop of execs is not up to the job .. I think they should oursource all the WW marketing functions to Samsung.. cause analyst reports and forecasts are just too hard to read.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

hope Lenovo don't turn into HP

and start flogging cheap unreliable (or, from time to time, expensive unreliable) laptop has HP has done in recent years. I'm glad Dave and Bill are no longer around to see what this shower have done to the company once famed for excellent (if quirky) kit.

1. elderlybloke
      Unhappy

Re: hope Lenovo don't turn into HP

When Hewlett and Packard founders ofHP were running the firm, it was an example of how a business should be run.

It produced good products (a little high in price usually but reliable) and it treated the employees like human beings and not disposable garbage to be tossed out without any caring

Makes me nostalgic about 1974 when I purchased an HP45 calculator designed for Surveyers.

6. daveeff

work stations

The difference between the two reports is workstations - if you include them HP are still No 1 (just).

Maybe they should spin off their PC business!!!

Once upon a time HP were about quality, I don't think selling more cheap tat than anyone else was on Bill & Dave's goal list.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like