back to article Fondle fever: Growing tablet market no longer just an iPad market

Apple may be losing its vicelike grip on the tablet market, as Android fondleslabs - particularly from Samsung - sneak up the charts. IDC Q3 tablet share chart Beancounters at IDC saw Apple's third quarter share of the tablet market slipped to 50.4 per cent from 65.5 per cent in the last quarter and 59.7 per cent in the same …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

iPad is pants!

Not only is it FUGLY, with an OS which is fisherprice-esque, being seen with one gives you a "what a dummy!" tag.

1. Captain TickTock
      Trollface

Hungry you may be

I will not feed you!

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Bless....

...the anger management course not going well then?

3. wowfood

not only that they completely ripped off samsungs design and tried to pass it off as their own.

2. mrmond

No more holding out.

I was waiting to see what the mini would be like, I have to admit that even though i'm a die hard android user up till now, the thought of being able to use the same apps as the majority of my friends appealed to me.

However the Nexus 7 at 32GB for 200 quid made be part with my cash.

Waiting for delivery sometime today.

3. Kevin Johnston

Well, well

Q4 results will be VERY interesting since last year saw a dip in the Apple share Q3 to Q4. If that repeats this year then it will be hard to deny that the mystique has faded.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Having seen how good the Nexus 7 and Jellybean is

Apple should be REALLY concerned. It's just as easy to use as iOS, but WAY more functional.

5. AceRimmer

Nexus 10 anyone?

The Nexus 10 launches next week and looks gorgeous

Plus the screen has an even higher PPI than the Ipad

1. dotslash

Re: Nexus 10 anyone?

yep, i'm gonna get myself one.

If Apple want to continue their religious dominance, they're gonna have to do something a little bit more interesting than giving their iPod a different name with bigger and smaller screens.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not just Apple

Having seen Android powered netbooks and 24inch touch screen tablets running Android ( with Open Office) being sold at quite reasonable prices on the TV home shopping shopping channels. I think Microsoft should be worried also. The punters are now used to Android phones, so can easily move up the computer size chain. The next 12 months will be very interesting. The cloud based storage will be very acceptable for the average customer, who will be free from hard disk failures.

1. Mike Brown

Re: Not just Apple

they are. hence metro ui on everthing. windows 8 is a direct result of MS's worry over android. If they arnt careful they could lose everthing because of a little green robot.

2. Shagbag
      Mushroom

Agreed.

The consumer £££s have spoken... and they want Android!

Not some virus-ridden-whore-of-an-OS, nor some hey-I'm-in-the-walled-garden-now-so-take-a-dump-on-me-from-your-iMap-sized-A-hole.

7. theoldcoot
    Black Helicopters

Android systems to insecure

The Android system is like Windows was in the mid 90's. Totally insecure and ripe for malware.

1. dotslash
      FAIL

Re: Android systems to insecure

yet look where Windows is now

8. Mikel

A very tablet Christmas

Hurry, Santa!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like