back to article Capita cans Employee Forum a year after launch

Capita IT Services (CITHS) staffers are scratching their heads after the Employee Forum was disbanded just a year after it was set up. The council of 70 staffers was formed as part of the Unity programme, set up by former operations director Russ Hewitt who was then shown the door in July just week before CEO Mark Quartermaine …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Shame

I think an Employee forum is a good thing, even if here are no redundancies on the horizon. Letting employees feel they have input into the organisation can only be a good thing, unless you ignore all of the suggestions that come up at the forum meetings that is!

No I'm not from HR btw

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"A Capita spokeswoman, sent a statement to The Channel claiming that CITHs "values the opinions of its employees"."

Simply - bullhooks.

3. excapitaperson
    FAIL

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/Design/graphics/icons/comment/fail_32.png

As one of the lucky ones who was made redundant by Capita this year, I am disappointed to hear that the EF has been disbanded. It was a good means of getting our views over to management, although not sure if they ever listened.

typical Capita, as soon as it started costing them money they closed it down rather than seeing it through properly.

I really feel for my ex- colleagues who are still left there

4. Westdene

As someone that was part of the forum when an employee it rapidly became obvious we were there to sweeten the redundancy pill. A good example was that the forum put forward a number of cost saving ideas and every single one was rejected. The main one was scrapping bonuses to which we were told it was both impossible and it would effect the performance of the people on it. Bearing in mind it was a select few on the bonus scheme ( including Russ H and Mark Q ) AND that they did indeed scrap bonuses in the end it makes you wonder how much they really wanted forum input.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like