back to article Windows growth keeps Microsoft earnings relatively stable

Microsoft's latest quarterly financial results are a mixed bag: good performance from the Windows division, but overall profits down slightly. Redmond's revenues for the quarter are $21.46bn, with an operating income of $7.77bn and profits of $6.38bn – which, while down nearly 4 per cent, is still a sizeable chunk of change. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. MIc
    Mushroom

Look at her burn!!

oh wait... looks like windows and ms are doing fine..

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

preemptive post

blah blah anti-ms rant, blah blah, must be fixing the figures... nobody like windblows 8... money must have come from some monopoly... blah blah company will be gone by this time next year......

I think that just about covers it.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: preemptive post

Not just incoherent rants at Ballmer, but deeply personally abusive incoherent rants at Ballmer.

3. shawnfromnh

Fix it

The problem is the Metro UI.

The answer is just make metro for touch screen and wear ever that UI would work best

They should just take it as a lesson that Metro won't be good for a business or average PC user without a touchscreen. After they accept that fact they have to take Windows 8 and even if it takes 6 months they need to either remove Metro or disable it permanently and then come out and call it the new revamped windows 8 or something to let people know it's more like windows 7 and it is not Metro anymore.

They'd sure sell a hell of a lot more PC's with the regular desktop environment.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. fiddley
      Facepalm

Re: Fix it

Yeah Microsoft, just take the fact that you just posted RECORD REVENUES as a lesson that NOBODY likes Metr...wait...what..?

4. hughbp

Sizeable Chunk?

Interesting perspective - apparently MS's $6.38bn profit is a sizeable chunk compared to Apple's smidgen profit of $13.1bn?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Sizeable Chunk?

That would be $6.3 billion from software rather than consumer electronics, you're comparing Apples with, err, Microsofts.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Barf..

I am developing s solid dislike for the BS that always surrounds figures, but I guess if you took away the hyperbole Ballmer wouldn't have much to say. I certainly wouldn't go near the words "exciting" and "enthusiastic" in this context, but I guess "desperate" doesn't go so well with trying to retain share value..

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Barf..

The spew that issues from Ballmer's pie hole never fails to delight!

6. Pl0ns1971

Who cares about MS any more ?

If you can make lost as profit by "creative" financials and putting hight insurance on top of that and balance future imaginery income into current balance - then we are all doing perfect ! MS is like massive bubble in falling

market. The problem is nobody cares - Market has shifted to more attractive options... ohh I shdould say "wrong"

options ;)

...but steam gaming on Linux is brilliant.. and less and less people will need MS for having fun..

There is no need to spend ridiculous amount of money to enjoy it !

Well I reckon secure bios is "very" popular...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like