back to article Capita gobbles Northgate Managed Services for £65m

Outsourcing monolith Capita has coughed up £65m to buy Northgate Managed Services (NMS) in a deal announced to the London Stock Exchange this morning. As revealed by The Channel last year, VC Kholberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) and Company - owner of NMS parent Northgate Information Solutions, touted the division with a price tag of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

There was a rumour that 2e2 were trying to buy Northgate last year, but fell through because the banks wouldnt fund it. I dare say this wont make the Northgate staff feel any better though.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Anyone know what capita's accounts look like? If they ever end up in a 2e2 situation its going to get very messy.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Does it matter how well Capita is doing? No bonuses or pay rises regardless!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: pay rise

That's true of other "service" suppliers as well!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh shit

and we've just finished moving to one of their services ...

1. PeterM42
      Thumb Down

Re: Oh shit

"and we've just finished moving to one of their services ..."

AH, HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

Who sold you that, then?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Buying them piece by piece

Capita seem to be buying Northgate piece by piece over time, as AFAIK they bought Northgate Arinso 12-18 months ago.

6. PeterM42
    FAIL

Why would ANYONE want to buy Northgate?

Nuff said.

7. The Godfather
    Angel

Benevolence...

This is a bit like taking away a young elephant from a sick& dying mother......corporate benevolence...but will the child thrive and prosper in a much larger bloated herd? Time will tell....

;-)

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

In the end, what difference does it make?

Apologies for the anon post but I would like to keep my job... :-| As a public sector IT worker ( scottish local gov) with day to day experience supporting/upgrading/fixing both Capita and Northgate systems, to me it seems that it doesn't really matter which of the big Public Sector suppliers you deal with, it is a complete lottery entirely dependent on the tech staff you are dealing with at the time. There is no consistency of service - a product of the way these companies grow by relentless acquisition - and often the staff feel completely marginalised if they don't happen to be in the business unit that is flavour of the month, and consequently their motication suffers. I previously worked in the private sector where exactly the same has happened. IMHO bigger is definitely not better.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like