back to article UK distie boss: My brush with death in rapper's drive-by killing

A twist of fate saved the boss of a UK IT distributor from a hail of bullets that killed rapper Kenny Clutch on the Las Vegas Strip. The drama unfolded early on Thursday morning when a gunman in a black Range Rover opened fire on the hip-hop star's Maserati. Clutch, who was at the wheel of the flash motor, was fatally shot and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mr Anonymous

Close call

I too was almost caught up, had I not made the decision to stay in the UK...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Rubbish

He was shacked up in his Hotel room with a bottle of Jack and saw the opportunity for a bit of self promotion.

Go on tell the truth....

2. Horridbloke
    Gimp

Range Rovers

The average middle-class driver of one of these things would be horrified if they realised they were embracing hiphop culture.

1. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

Re: Range Rovers

A proper hoodlum should drive a green series II land rover and then leave the scene at a sedate 35mph

2. Intractable Potsherd

Re: Range Rovers

Most RRs seem to be driven by the sort of chav who probably plays hiphop on the stereo. Let's face it, RRs these days come out of the factory looking like they were finished off in a backstreet chopshop, with inappropriate wheels, body-kits, lowered suspension, windows so dark they might as well be body-panels.

RRs used to be nice - wouldn't touch one with a barge-pole these days, and I've had my fair share of Landrover products over the years.

3. Magnus_Pym

Usual 5am Run?

WTF?

1. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

Re: Usual 5am Run?

If you were a boss at HP you would practice running away as well.

In other news, a rising young music star was in the wrong place at the wrong time, when a disgruntled HP customer attempted to gun down the HP distie manager

4. Jon Press

Am I reading the Hexham Courant?

Its staple diet seems to be news items of the "local man escapes death by being at no risk" type.

My favourite quotation from one of the "lucky to be alive" survivors was:

Frankly a panda wasn’t worth all the hassle we went through.

Though there are more mundane examples of breathless scaremongering.

5. Vordicae
    FAIL

Was the "Lucky Escapee" hovering behind you as you typed this dross ? rubbing his hands in glee as you described his mad scrabble for survival? rubbing your P45 on the back of your neck gently while you thought desperately for a story to meet todays deadline ?

I usually like some of your stuff, but -> 0.5/10 Could do better !

6. John Savard

Fare

A friend of the fare of the cabbie who died posted a message about it a comment to a song on YouTube I was watching; I think it was by Peter Paul and Mary.

7. Intractable Potsherd

I don't know ...

... whether the ostensible target of this atrocity might have done something which might some way make someone think that killing him was acceptable, but there is no excuse for doing it in a way that puts bystanders at risk.

My thoughts go out to the driver and passenger of the taxi, and my utter contempt goes out to anyone that thinks grudges should be settled by death.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like