back to article You're still hired: Viglen bosses get to keep jobs for another year

Viglen's financial performance has improved, meaning chief exec Bordan Tkachuk and chairman Claude Littner will avoid Lord Sugar's fearsome finger - which is usually waved about when numbers are down or Apprentice wannabes get the boot. For the year ended 30 September, the public-sector-focused provider of PCs, storage and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Syed
    FAIL

I'd just like to quote Bordan Tkachuk...

..."Internet Service Protocol".

That is all.

1. Vince

Re: I'd just like to quote Bordan Tkachuk...

Yeah, that's still annoying me too. He was actually worse than "the brand" himself.

2. IFonly
    WTF?

Sugarless

What has a dubious TV personality got to do with this story?

1. gazthejourno (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Sugarless

He owns a chunk of Viglen. Keep up at the back!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Viglen? Remember them from ~30 years ago when they had ads in things like PCW advertising floppy disk drives for BBC micros and seemed to be cheaper than most other places. As this was in the days before online ordering i decided to take a drive from Oxford (where I was at university), call in at their address to buy one and have a day in London. Turned up at their unit in then in N London and managed to buy one but also saw that basically they were a company who made plastic boxes and must have just discovered how much more margin you could make on a plastic box if you stuck a floppy disk in it.

Hmm, wonder what LordSurrallan would make of an Apprentice candidate pitching that idea to him "what you mean its the future ... its just a bleeding box with a hole cut out of the front"

1. Velv
      Headmaster

Well not wanting to point out the obvious, he "liked it so much he bought the company"

4. MyffyW Silver badge
    Coat

For the year ending 30th September? I'm no accountant but that seems a long time to compile an annual report.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

@MyffyW

No, that's the time to file the accounts with Companies House. Many companies choose to file at the last minute (nine months after the financial year end, in simple terms) purely because they don't really want to make information publicly available, but delay is the only option open to them.

A small number intentionally file their accounts late and pay the penalties which are quite small (£1,500 for over six months late). Technically late filing is a criminal offence, but it is most unsual for a prosecution to be brought against either company or directors for late filing.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like