back to article Wait, what's that noise? It's HP's UK steamroller coming to a halt at last

HP's UK PC business has promised not to swipe sales from its resellers in the IT distribution channel following orders by CEO Meg Whitman. The US giant is keen to reclaim the worldwide PC sales crown from Lenovo but its performance in the channel is faltering and, simply put, not enough boxes are shifting. To reverse this, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. hmas

Here's another idea

Stop your sales team up in Prestwick, or wherever it is they're based, cosying up to whichever partner has happened to take them out to Pizza Express that week and handing over my details so that they can contact me and try and pinch the business.

It shows a total disdain for partners that have spent years developing a solid working relationship with your customers.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Here's another idea

please be my guest, give us your contact details and a sales person from HP will contact you to do business. There is not link between the attention to business or preferred partner and the alternative to VSI pilot.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Am I alone?

Can't understand how HP is so high up on the list of retail sellers... On the retail side especially I've seen a distinct collapse in build quality versus the high price tag... Am I alone in this? How are they so highly rated? I've been trying whoever possible to steer staff to Samsung and if stuck Acer or Asus as even they've been mixed of late....

1. AJ MacLeod

Re: Am I alone?

No, you're not alone - their consumer gear is truly hideously awful, really, really rubbish. I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole, particularly having had to sort out a few things for various customers under warranty - they're maybe not quite as bad to deal with as Apple, but poor.

On the other hand their servers are decent and I've been impressed with their customer support on these.

3. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Coat

UK Channel needs re-lubrication

Well isn't that what they are saying?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like