back to article Exit stage left: Two more Insight big cheeses clear their desks

Change remains the order of the day at Insight Enterprises after it emerged that another couple of senior figures are on the way out. It has been confirmed that EMEA marketing director Ashley Gatehouse and veep of global sales Frank Bitoun are walking in the footsteps of other execs who have recently been made redundant. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No surprise here

This continues Insight's recent policy of "salami slice" redundancies, as they probably believe that lots of 10-20 people getting the tap on the shoulder followed the walk to HR will not get the media attention that a mass lay off would get.

The problem is that staff are now fearful that they will be be next on the chopping block.

Also, they have "reorganised" a lot of jobs in the IT Dept which is already coming back to bite them on the arse - and it will only get worse.

AC as I don't want the "tap of redundancy".

2. mrew42

Are you guys rush fans?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exit...Stage_Left

1. gazthejourno (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Are you guys rush fans?

Aye. I am anyway, dunno about the rest of Vulture Central. 2112 is one of the best concept albums (well, as far as you can really call it that) of all time imho.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

After the IT bolloxup

It's not surprising Insight is "having trouble" - as a customer we're still having to fight with their system more than a year since they fucked things up. Amonsgt other things I just had an invoice land on my desk for equipment delievered 11 months ago.

The only reason they haven't lost our business entirely (£7-10million/year) is that a large chunk of the procurement team on our side was replaced 18 months ago (1 retirement, one left for greener pastures) and the ones that remain + new hires aren't exactly the sharpest pencils in the box (they're committed to "following existing procedures" rather than "updating procedures to get best value for money")

This topic is closed for new posts.