back to article CEO of bloated outsourcing firm Capita quits after 26 years

Fat cat chief exec Paul Pinder is to quit after 26 years at outsourcing giant Capita to head up small, private equity-backed businesses. The man who, along with other top brass, pocketed a 20 per cent pay hike last year as IT Services staff had their wages frozen and bonuses shelved, is to be replaced by Capita deputy chief …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Crapita. A perfect example of what is wrong with the UK, along with Serco, G4 and the other profiteers who don't deliver.

2. Oh Homer
    Big Brother

huge boat of TAXPAYERS' cash

See title.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wow

"Capita has decided to ... close the SIP (self-invested pensions) unit."

I don't know what is more scary - Capita 'managing' pensions, or that people actually allowed them to do so.

1. Nick Kew

Re: Wow

Crapita have a serious presence in finance: they're share registrars for a lot of companies.

They are a total nightmare to deal with. So much that it's become a consideration in investment decisions. I'll try and avoid any company that uses Crapita except when using a nominee account (my SIPP or ISA) so the manager gets the pleasure of dealing with the registrars. They need to bring their IT systems up to 1980s standards!

Minor retaliation: as someone who's never had a TV[1], I'm ignoring the (crapita) TV licensing folks. Let them waste their time chasing me.

[1] Except when I had one in a furnished flat I rented. That was in Germany.

4. James 51

Capita confirmed that Pinder will "receive no payments for salary after his retirement"

Strange, I thought a salary was what you got for turning up and doing some work. With his track record though, maybe they'd pay him not to turn up. Good luck to his new firm. They're going to need it.

1. Tony S

Re: Capita confirmed that Pinder will "receive no payments for salary after his retirement"

He'll get no "Salary"; anyone want to bet that he gets a gold plated pension though?

1. Gordon 10

Re: Capita confirmed that Pinder will "receive no payments for salary after his retirement"

And a golden goodbye.

2. NeilMc

I bet most of the employees would like to give him a Golden Shower on his way out the door.....

After all thats what he appears to have done to them in recent years...........

Goldfingers indeed..

5. Vordicae

So long...

and thanks for all the millions !

I bet the staffers took that wave goodbye with the heartfelt intent it was supposedly delivered with !

And then some kind soul helped him out the door with his bags of cash, equal to all of their wages rolled into one ...

A$$ Holio ! ..

6. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Meh

CEO states "I have lined my pockets well. Now get back to work you scum."

Not so diplomatic.

Considerably more honest.

7. This post has been deleted by its author

8. Gordon 10
    Stop

I pity the next lot

He ends up as CEO of.

I suspect the only thing worse than finding out you are fired - is wandering into work and finding out you have been bought by Crapita. Some of the stories you hear from reputable sources about them would make your hair curl.

9. Missing Semicolon Silver badge
    Unhappy

Notice that the 20% rise for the execs

... is not matched by a 20% rise in profit or revenue ( when you strip out the inflating effects of acquisitions).

Ha!

10. GotThumbs
    Paris Hilton

No sympathy for those not willing to take control of their own destiny/careers

While I understand many of the staff would be peeved about this man making as much money as he did.

My simple response is........Don't like it....then quit and form your own company.

There is NOTHING worse than childish adult whiners who complain about others making more money, but they CHOOSE to do nothing about it...except stomp thier feet and whine.

People who build companies ARE worth the money, because the people on the lower level obviously don't have the drive or determination to do anything on thier own. It's the risk takers that benefit the most and deservedly so.

Don't like where you work or feel your underpaid? Then do something about it or shut up.

No one is forcing the employees to stay there and work for less than they feel they are worth. The only person who limits you ....IS YOU.

Children whine because things may not be fair, but as an adult, you can do something about it. Take charge of your life and stop letting others lead you around like a horse. If there is no gun pointed at your head...you have the power to control your path.

Lets see a group of employees strike out on their own and form a competitor to this company. They can then run the company as they choose fit. It will either be successful or they will learn there is more to a successful company than simply working 8-5.

Who's to say that Paul Pinder didn't earn his wages years ago when building the company from the ground up?

When he joined Capita, it had 33 employees and revenues of £1.3 million.

Sweat equity in the early years will reap its rewards later on. Take control of your life and success if you want more than what you currently have.

1. GotThumbs
      Boffin

Re: No sympathy for those not willing to take control of their own destiny/careers

In 2012, Capita employed 46,000 people and generated a pre-tax profit of 290 million pounds.

To take a company from 33 employees to 46,000....that's something to say about his involvement and leadership all thouse years.

Lets see any one of the whiners do the same OR shut it!

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

There are certainly bad parts of Capita, I work for a good part that really does do a good job. We have to deal with other parts of Capita sometimes and it is shocking how bad they are. Thankfully we are allowed to take our business elsewhere and not use the bad parts of Capita.

I am a bit annoyed at all the negativity of Capita though, it kind of shits on those of us that work really hard and put up with so much. There are parts of Capita that do a good job, that give good value for money and care.

I still enjoy working where I am, I don't plan to leave any time soon, my financial situation has improved year on year. This year I got a pay rise without even having to ask for it.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like