back to article Fujitsu: PC market... doomed? LOLZ. NOT FOR US, pal

Japanese firm Fujitsu has been helped along to a profit in the last quarter of 2013 by the weaker yen and strong sales in the enterprise sector. The company even managed growth in the sale of PCs, no mean feat in the current PC market nightmare, as it upped sales primarily to business customers. Fujitsu said its net profit …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. M Gale

The (desktop) PC

One of those few devices where parts are most definitely user serviceable, and for certain values of failure, are economically viable to fix when broken. Even economical to build your own out of parts.

I can see why some manufacturers would rather we all be using sealed netbooks and fondle-toys.

2. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Paris Hilton

But even the judogis "made in Japan" ain't cheap. Pakistani products, however...

"by the weaker yen"

Not sure whether particularly relevant. The terminally debt-laden economy, natural catastrophes, radioactivity scares, rumors of conflict with The Former Colonies of China, Abenomics, and sundry other catastrophes are wont to depress the yen and thus foster "exports on the cheap". On the other hand, Japan is a resource-poor country, so either they are manufacutring abroad anyway or need to import relatively more expensive materials to be assembled locally in the first place.

So I don't see how the yen exchange rate helps in the non-service IT sector.

3. Oh Homer
    Headmaster

Net profits of $114m

And that's supposed to save the PC industry?

LOLZ indeed.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Fujitsu makes great computers

Whenever possible, I try to get a Fujitsu PC's due to their rock solid reliability and great design. Although they cost a bit more, they generally work without a fuss for years. My laptop is still running after 7 years of almost daily use with only the hard disk needs to be changed.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like