back to article Get your MOON GEAR: Auction to feature Space Race memorabilia

Looking to own a piece of space history? Have a spare $50,000 to spend? You may be in luck, as a US auction house is placing a series of artifacts from the US and Soviet space programs on the block. Auction house Bonhams is set to offer a collection of items ranging from the early first manned spaceflights to the last Apollo …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Martin Budden Silver badge

I might bid on the Apollo 11 cheese knife.

"No crackers, Gromit! We've forgotten the crackers!"

1. Blofeld's Cat
      Coat

Re: I might bid on the Apollo 11 cheese knife.

I rather fancy the "... pair of prototype trousers for early space shuttle crews ..."

"Techno-trousers, Gromit, ex-NASA, ideal for walkies"

2. Winkypop Silver badge
    Unhappy

Sad face

These items are about as far out of my reach as the moon itself.

Want, but can't afford!

1. Ugotta B. Kiddingme

Re: Sad face

go through the site listing. Some of the items are more reasonably priced. I saw a few that caught my eye for as "little" as $400. I say "little" but that definition varies greatly, so...

3. Michael H.F. Wilkinson Silver badge

Too expensive for me, alas. I will just retain the fond memories of being allowed to stay up late as a seven-year old to see men step out onto the moon on a little black and white TV. Greatest event in my life until then.

Every single boy at school wanted to become an astronaut that day.

1. John Brown (no body) Silver badge
      Thumb Up

" I will just retain the fond memories of being allowed to stay up late as a seven-year old to see men step out onto the moon on a little black and white TV. Greatest event in my life until then."

<AOL>Me too!</AOL>

(Even down to the age, give a or take a few months)

4. Sweep

Trousers

Are they brown, by any chance?

5. Lord Raa

I wonder...

Are NASA planning to use the proceeds to fill funding shortfalls?

Fair play to them if they are, though I am of the opinion that they and other science-based organisations shouldn't have to sell off memorabilia to pay the bills.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like